Auckland

I am getting ready to head to Auckland for the week for work. We're planning an event for 2010 and therefore we're going need to go check out potential sites for it. It will be a quick trip...departing May 16 and home on May 21. Nearly two days of that time will be for air travel! I am so trying to mentally prepare for that! Not to mention the 17 hour time difference! Other than meetings, I have no idea what else we'll be doing. We're staying at the SkyCity Hotel which has this amazing tower...the Sky Tower:




And this is the view:



Click here to view full size

The Sky Tower has two options for adrenaline junkies. SkyJump which is a bungy jump off the outside of it and SkyWalk which is a walk along the top of it! Neither of which I will be doing. I will, however, plan to dine at the Orbit Revolving Restaurant which rotates for a 180 degree view of the city while you're dining.

While we're there the hotel is also hosting the NZ International Comedy Festival, so maybe I'll check that out. Another interesting item at the hotel is Puppetry of the Penis: The Ancient Art Of Genital Origami. WTF is that? Actually, it's what you think it is. Nude men manipulating their man junk into shapes of all sorts! I have actually heard of this before...when it was in NYC:

Come and see the famous Hamburger, the Wristwatch and the Windsurfer, just to name a few… you're NUTS if you miss it! A hilarious night out for all to enjoy!!

I am no prude, but um...no. I will not be attending this event. Perish the thought! Staring at a bunch of penises contorted into all sorts of ungodly shapes doesn't appeal to me in the least.

On a side note, it's winter in NZ. So even though I just packed up all my cold weather clothing I will have to dig out a few sweaters and my boots to bring to the other side of the world where it's cold and damp these days. No doubt, upon my return it will be hot and humid here! I will be home just in time for J's 32nd birthday on May 22. And it's Memorial Day weekend, the official start to summer!

0 comments: