Greetings from halfway around the globe!

It turns out that we got upgraded into the 5 star hotel which comes with free internet access in their business center! WOOT!

My room has an amazing view of the city and an awesome bathroom with a soaking tub. I just arrived about 6 hours ago, took a long bath and feel human again. The flight was better than expected, it had such low capacity that my colleague and I each had our own row of three seats and could stretch out and sleep. I actually slept for about 8 hours.

I also caught "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and "Marley and Me", the later made me tear up just as the lights came on in the cabin for breakfast! It was such a touching story and made me value our little puggies so much! I dread the day that Regina or Luigi's time on earth has come. I cannot bear to think about it. I just hope that they both live long and happy lives. Thankfully, pugs can live 15+ years, so we have many more days of loving them.

It's weird to me that it's already Monday, 05/18...05/17/2009 will never have existed for me. Bizarre! It's quite lovely here despite winter being right around the corner for the Kiwis...the sun is shining, temps are in the 60's and white, wispy clouds in the sky. I have meetings tomorrow and the next day, so today we're going to check out some touristy things and have lunch at a winery. There's also tons to do here in the SkyCity complex, so I am sure when I am not in meetings I'll get my taste of that as well. More to come. I am snapping photos and will upload them upon my return to Tulsa.

1 comments:

Mrs. Pink Pearls said...

I hope you enjoy your trip! Those movies are great. Marley and Me made me bawl my eyes out!!