Happy Mother's Day!

This weekend was pretty laid back. Mom headed to CA for two weeks on Friday. My uncle was married yesterday and the family was all there to celebrate. It was hard to see the pics posted on my Cousin' Facebook account today...especially the photo of my mom, brothers, and sister-in-law. It brought home the fact that I wasn't there. I was missing from the family photo. I felt bad, because I actually burst into tears and it was just as J had arrived home from his morning shift and was getting ready for his second one.

He's been working like a dog lately...14-16 hours a day. I hope that he can quit one of the jobs soon. He really needs to since school will be full-time starting in June. The added income is great and we'll need to readjust our expenses a bit, but it will be worth it. Plus, I just got my annual raise, so I think it will be doable. J is has been invited to apply for a full scholarship. He just found out yesterday and the deadline is Thursday! He has tomorrow off and will fill out the application and make sure it gets in before then. If he gets it that would incredible! We'd not have to pay tuition at all! Wish us luck, please?

With mom out-of-town and J working doubles all weekend, I have been home alone with all of the furbabies. I have been catching up on sleep and housework. I have also been thinking of all of the mothers in my life....from mine and J's to our friends who are new mommies and those who've been at it a while. Today is a day to honor all women...our mothers, grandmothers, aunties, sisters and sister-friends... and mother earth as well.

1 comments:

Cindy said...

Good luck on the scholarship!